Designing a 4BHK apartment or villa is itself a huge responsibility and involves a lot of work. One aspect or part of this work is calculating the 4 bhk interior design cost. That is because you must meet the design requirements while staying within budget, which is a huge responsibility.
You need not worry any longer about the rigours of calculating these costs, as we have put together a comprehensive guide for you in the sections below. Our guide details various aspects regarding calculating the 4 bhk interior design cost.
Factors to Consider While Assessing the Price of Interior Design for a 4BHK
When calculating the 4 bhk interior design cost, it is critical to consider the factors that may significantly impact the pricing, such as:
1. Location or Land Value:
The interior cost for a 4 bhk design can vary significantly depending on where your property is located. For instance, the interior design cost for a 4BHK flat located downtown will be more expensive than a property located on the outskirts of town.
2. Dimensions and Size of a Four-Bedroom House Plan
The interior design cost for 4 bhk depends on the size of the house. The larger the house, the more raw materials will be needed to complete the design plan.
Along with the raw materials, the design of the bedroom will also play an important role.
For instance, niches etc. that are a part of the design will be important for a comprehensive calculation.
3. Structural Changes
When remodelling a property, structural alterations may involve pulling walls down, adding a section, or even doing carpentry.
If you want to make structural changes to your four-bedroom house, the typical 4 bhk interior design cost ranges from Rs. 80 to Rs 100 per square foot. If more labour and materials are used in this case, the price per square feet will automatically rise.
You can consider utilising a modular kitchen cost calculator to calculate the exact costs of your structural overhaul, to prevent undue expenditure going forward.
4. Treatments for the Walls
Stone cladding, wallpaper application, murals, and panelling are a few typical wall treatments. They have different costs depending on the area to be covered and the market price. Here is an overview based on current industry standards.
- Stone cladding costs around Rs 50 to Rs 700
- Wallpaper application costs between Rs 2,000 to Rs 20,000
- Painting typically charges between Rs 12 to Rs 80
- Panelling requires paying between Rs 500 to Rs 1800
5. The Interior Designer’s Charge
If all you’re interested in is the price of the design, the average designer bills between ₹10 and ₹100 per square foot. However, that price can increase to between ₹2,000 and ₹3,000 with carpentry, furnishings, and construction work.
Therefore, it is preferable to talk with your designer first.
Additionally, designers may bill as a proportion of the home’s overall cost. This figure might range in size from 5% to 20%.
Some Room-by-Room Cost Breakdown Examples of a 4BHK Home
1. Design Of an Elegant Living Room for a Villa and a Four-Bedroom Apartment
Three essential items are required for the living room design: a sofa, a centre table, and a TV unit (as shown above).
To liven up the décor, you can also opt for a wall treatment (as shown above) to create an accent wall. The typical 4 bhk flat interior design cost of designing a living room is anything from Rs 3,00,000 to Rs 10,00,000. Depending on your budget, you can add additional design components.
2. Dining Area in a 4BHK Home
Though you might think that designing a dining area only requires a stunning dining table, but that is not true. This unit requires special attention if you want to give your 4-bhk home an exceptional makeover.
To introduce a luxurious vibe, you have to incorporate the right lighting, wall decor, and wall treatments (as shown above) in your dining area. To receive a preliminary estimate of the cost of designing a dining room, you must directly discuss your design needs with your interior designer.
3. A Luxurious Master Bedroom
The master bedroom is the distinguishing feature of your personal comfort. As a result, you have to put a personal touch on the design of your master bedroom in your 4-bedroom house.
First, you must keep the basic essentials, including the bed and the wardrobe (as shown above), to meet the primary requirements of a master bedroom.
Bed prices vary depending on whether they are constructed as per order or purchased from a retailer. In India, wardrobes can cost anything from 20,000 to 80,000 rupees.
We hope that the above discussion has been able to give you some ideas about how to calculate and what factors to keep in mind while pricing a 4 bhk interior design cost.
If you need more assistance determining the 4 bhk interior design cost, you can contact our professionals at Homelane.
1. What Are the Elements That Determine the Price of a 4BHK Interior Design?
The factors that majorly influence and determine the price of a 4BHK include:
- The property’s location heavily influences a 4 BHK interior design cost.
- The 4 BHK interior design cost increases with its size. Therefore, a larger, 4-bedroom house demands more labour and raw materials to achieve the desired result.
- Structural changes in a 4 BHK house design can significantly jack up the 4 BHK interior design cost.
- The quality of materials is also important in determining the 4 BHK interior design cost.
2. How Can You Cut Down on the Cost of 4BHK Interior Design?
- If you are purchasing a new property, you can personalise various elements such as the basement, civil construction, plumbing, and wiring points as per your budget. Your long-term 4 BHK interior design cost will decrease due to this.
- You can create your own kitchen and closets from various building businesses, which will save you some extra funds.