Are you looking to decorate your new home or just planning to renovate it with a few changes? We have rounded up our best-selling home interior ideas, top-rated products, and the trendiest design ideas to make your home look flawless. We can show you fantastic ideas to change your home decor. But first, let us understand your housing style in depth. Do you know that buying a small house is always a better option than buying a big one? Let us discuss the reasons behind it.
What are the big homes?
Big homes are spacious, technologically competent, and have quality construction. Usually located in posh areas, these homes have substantial spread-out personal space, including a private garden, gym, swimming pool, play area, etc. There are more than five to six rooms in big homes.
What are small homes?
Tiny homes seem more appealing to most people because there is less area to maintain and pay for. Small homes are less spacious but have good interiors to be placed well, and the room does not look untidy. A small house usually has an area of 322 square feet. It is the size of a garage. These houses generally have multiple features assembled in a small space available.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Big Homes
Who does not like to stay in big homes? They look beautiful, majestic, and lavish too. But then they also have advantages and disadvantages.
- Spacious: You will always have more space in your rooms to keep more clothes, accessories, and other stuff. You could use the extra rooms in different ways, such as for business meetings, guest rooms, playrooms, study rooms, and much more.
- Ample outdoor space: You will have your yard or garden to have fun with your friends and families in your leisure time. You can also grow vegetables and fruits in the area and cook fresh food.
- Room for Business Opportunities: With extra space, you can work at home and run your own business. You can use different rooms or backyard spaces for seminars, weddings, and so on.
- Expensive: The bigger the house, the more the expenses. Big houses need more lighting and more air-conditioned rooms; thus, the bills are heavy.
- Maintenance and cleaning: As big homes are spacious, you need more regular maintenance and cleaning. Therefore, more energy and efforts are required daily.
- Buying furniture: You need to buy more furniture for a bigger house. That would be costing additionally to the owner because the place looks empty if there is no furniture.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Small Homes
If you want to live a debt-free lifestyle, it is always the best option to stay in small homes. The people of the age group 30 – 45 can stay here because they are working and hardly get time to stay in the house. Let us look at their advantages and disadvantages:
- Low Utility Costs: The electricity and gas bills are almost minimal, and if you install solar panels, the bills will be null.
- Mortgage-Free: If you want to buy a house without opting for loans or mortgages, small homes are the best as they are comparatively cheaper to buy.
- Customized Options: You can customize the small space according to your choice into any valuable area.
- Limited Living Space: In small homes, you get very little living space for yourself and your family.
- Difficulties in entertainment: If you want to call friends/relatives and throw a party, it becomes difficult to accommodate everyone together.
- Limited storage capacity: You don’t have enough place to keep more clothes, accessories, and furniture in the house.
Why are small homes better than big houses?
We always think that spacious homes are better for staying purpose, right? Well, but the hidden costs accompanied while buying big homes are never shown enough importance. Think twice before taking the plunge! We have seen people purchase big intelligent homes for a couple of reasons. They may have received a promotion at work. They want to satisfy their esteem needs and fulfill their dreams together. Here are a few multiple reasons explaining why staying in small homes is the smartest choice:
- Easier to maintain: Small homes require relatively less time, energy, and effort to maintain. In contrast, big homes require more time and effort.
- Less expensive: Small houses are less costly as compared to big ones. You have to pay fewer taxes, bills, and other expenses if you stay in a small setup.
- Fewer risks: You will be able to save more because of a reduction in costs. You will be financially stable in the long run, thus leading to lowered stress levels.
- Saves the environment: For building small homes, you need lesser environmental resources, helping save the environment.
- Encourages family bonding: Smaller homes have lesser rooms, enabling more interaction amongst family members and strengthening family relations.
- Wider market share: Small homes are affordable for most people, and thus, they have a wider market share than big homes, offering a wide range of options while buying.
We hope, now you know all the variables that come into play while buying a small or a big home. However, the wise decision would be to buy a small house after going through the reasons behind it. Once you buy your home, HomeLane is right here to help you with end-to-end home interior designing, which is predictable and pocket-friendly for the customers too.
This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
Good article and completely on point. Especially useful for homemakers trying to make the best of space in a small apartment or studio.