Designing your children’s bedrooms can be a lot of fun but challenging too!
Their rooms should be a reflection of their personalities and should be the one space in the whole world where they are the happiest they can be.
Children have a lot of stuff that they need to put away, and the key to the perfect children’s room is a clever kids wardrobe design that can take care of all their needs.
So, you can now sit back and relax for we bring you a collection of stylish, creative and yet practical ideas that you can recreate in your little one’s bedroom and give life to every aspect of it, such as by inculcating stunning kids wardrobe design ideas.
Kids need well-organized study desks, storage spaces and sleeping areas, and this bedroom in lovely shades of mauve has it all, from the gloss wardrobe design to to bunk bed and so on.!
The straight and simple kids wardrobe design is large enough to house all your child’s clothes, while the open shelves above the desk hold books, toys and study aids.
The bunk bed has additional storage in the form of a set of pull-out drawers below the bed.
There is also a tall side kids wardrobe design closet which is adjacent to the slotted open shelves which hold books for nighttime reading.
Stylish Elegance For Your Kids
This beautifully designed children’s room houses plenty of wardrobe space. The no-nonsense kids wardrobe design will allow your kids to add stickers and posters that reflect their personalities and interests.
This style is just right for a teen who is fast leaving their childhood behind. You can also opt for a sliding wardrobe design for your kids room to make it more fashionable.
Sunshine Yellow, Butter Mellow!
Here’s a sunny kids wardrobe design that is cheerful and bright. It comes with a useful mix of open and closed storage spaces, which is why it can also be utilised as a hall wardrobe design.
The open shelves can be used to showcase books and toys. This theme is fun and young at the same time and can be easily modified as your child grows up, which makes it an appropriate modern style wardrobe design for modern kids.
The various colours used in the wardrobe are also a suitable as kids wardrobe design colours for boys owing to their general association with warmth and cheerfulness.
Your child’s room is a space where you can let your creativity and imagination run riot! The cute kids wardrobe design in the image below is just right for your child if they love the element of water.
The bed is shaped like a boat, while the chest of drawers and kids wardrobe design setups follow the nautical theme.
Your tiny sailor can climb up the steps to the top deck and play with the ropes and lifebuoys that hang from the ceiling. This tiny bedroom wardrobe design in the form of a chest of drawers ensures that your kid learns the art of organisation early on.
You could also go for a kids wardrobe design with study table in this room to better your childrens’ academic proficiency.
With dual kids wardrobe design setups running along two whole walls of this room, this teenager can never run out of storage!
The light and airy palette of neutral laminates allow for pops of colour in the form of posters, photographs or whatever your child would like to put up, such as a poster on a kids wardrobe design that has adequate sections for the same and so on.
Perfect For Your Little Princess!
Most little girls love pastel shades—and this soft pink bedroom for your angelic princess has a magical and dreamy aesthetic.
The all-white chest of drawers perfectly complements the child-sized kids wardrobe design.
Note the pull-out drawer at the bottom of the closet that can house toys, and is easily accessible even without opening the shutters. The open pegs alongside the kids wardrobe design for girls are just right for hanging up frilly frocks.
Like what you see here? Children thrive in spaces that are created especially for them, where they can play freely and work hard.
If you want more ideas and are looking to custom create your child’s personal space by modifying aspects such your kids wardrobe design, then our interior designers are at hand to help!
1. How Do I Choose a Kids Wardrobe Design?
Thinking of redoing your child’s wardrobe design or want to make one entirely from scratch? Whatever your end goals, keep in mind the following tips when conceptualising a kids wardrobe design:
- Tip 1: Go for neutral and bright kids wardrobe design colours (such as white, off-white, etc.). A neutral base shade allows you to play with colours in terms of patterns and designs. For instance, you can add lego blocks or a favourite cartoon character of your child on top of the wardrobe to give it a personalised look and feel.
- Tip 2: If you have a small bedroom and want an effective wardrobe design for kids, we suggest you make use of the available vertical space. For instance, opt for floor to ceiling wardrobe design ideas to ensure you get plenty of storage space, without compromising on the real estate.
- Tip 3: One of the most important tips for your kids wardrobe design is to add lower drawers that will allow for easy access. If the drawers are easier to reach for your child, they’ll be able to access the everyday essentials themselves without bothering you. Always keep your child in mind as the primary end-user when thinking about the layout.
- Tip 4: In terms of the best finish to use for your kids wooden wardrobe design, ensure that it is easy to maintain and simplistic in nature. You can always go for pastel colours to add vibrancy and pops of colour to the bedroom. Remember that lacquer and laminate finishes are ideal as you can clean it with one simple wipe and get rid of unwanted stains or dirt.
- Tip 5: Add playful handles to make it visually appealing for your child–from butterflies and spiderman to smileys and bear-shaped handles, there are thousands of customised handle designs for you to choose from. The addition of a quirky handle adds playfulness to the kids wardrobe design.
- Tip 6: Always think storage-first when designing your kids wardrobe–whether it’s a walk in wardrobe design or hinged wardrobe designs. Remember that you’ll need to store more than just clothing for your kids. There should be enough space for toys, shoes, etc. You can buy good quality pull-out storage bins and insert them within your kids wardrobe design, preferably towards the lower end of the wardrobe.
- Tip 7: Think extra storage, always. In addition to storage within the wardrobe, you must also think about external storage opportunities. Every parent can do with a little bit of extra space for books, etc., su To add a unique layer of creativity, go for a hanging wardrobe design.
Follow these tips to build a cute kids wardrobe design that is functionally useful and beautifully-curated.