With a brand new house comes brand new furniture! Furnished and all fancy! However, when it comes to choosing the kind of furniture you need there are various options to choose from. Every type of wood has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Teak wood furniture is one of the most durable, strong sets of woods and is just utterly beautiful. This hardwood appeals to most of the buyers who look for home décor options. Its ability to survive and withstand all weather conditions is one of its many specialities. Before rushing to wood interior design, let’s get acquainted with what exactly is teak wood.
What Is Teak Wood?
Firstly, there is a reason why this wood is expensive. Because it is the BEST! More than the durability aspect, what counts is the sheer elegance it portrays. Old teak is what is used to make furniture because the older they are, the stronger they stand. The rubber and oils in this wood can retain themselves even when the wood is processed for furniture. These substances grant the ‘all weather-survival properties’ to teak wood interior design. Therefore, if you are looking for the right cabinet for your first home, let that all be in teak.
Advantages of Teak Wood Furniture Interior Design
- It is naturally waterproof. You can use it for any type of furniture. You can even use it for bathroom cabinets because its durability and waterproof nature is going to let it stand forever.
- It is also used to construct dance floors and sports courts. These areas need strong material to withstand the activities which take place. The stiffness of teak wood makes it the best choice for such constructions.
- You know the excellent quality that you just read about. Well, they too come in different grades. The top graded teak is ‘heartwood’ which has the most oils and rubber. These components give you the best wood for outdoor furniture.
- It is versatile and can blend with any other material. This can be your aesthetic choice because of its natural colour and style which speaks luxury and comfort.
- The oils form a protective layer on this wood and therefore it is naturally termite resistant. Because of this layer, this wood does not rot soon either.
- The dense structure makes the carving process simpler. Teak wood furniture designs consist of very delicate carvings because of this exceptional property.
Disadvantages of Teak Wood Furniture Interior Design
While teak wood interior design is excellent, there are a few things that you need to remember when you are choosing your home décor.
- Apart from being extremely expensive, it needs polishing very often. To sustain this wood, it needs a lot of care.
- Teak wood is very difficult to find, especially the highest graded qualities. Not all teak wood in the market is genuine. It takes experience in this field to choose an authentic quality.
Maintenance of Teak Wood Furniture Designs
There is not much to do when it comes to maintaining teak wood furniture.
- Make the colour stay! There are special teak sealers that you will have to keep applying on the wood. This will protect it from any moisture or harmful light. Also, to stop the natural discolouration of the wood, there is oiling which will enhance the natural colour. You can do this at your comfort and it will not degrade the quality of the wood.
- The maintenance also involves an occasional light scrub with soap to cleanse it from any dirt, dust or stain. Mild cleaning will also help you retain the wood’s original colour.
Trending Teak Wood Interior Design
Some of the very trending teak wood interior designs are tables and wood flooring interior design. Since the wood is extra strong, your kid will have just the right support. Also, because it is carving friendly, you can build small cabinets in the study table to support your kids’ books and toys.
For couples who have a baby and are planning their home décor according to it, do check out the amazing teak wood beds and other furniture designs. You won’t need to change it very often because of its durability. Also, baby bassinets convertible in bed come with the strongest and highest quality of teak wood. It provides tensile strength to the structure.
With all this, teak wood shelves are trending too. You can order them with as many compartments as you want and they are a great place to store your things. If not exposed to moisture and light frequently, this special wood shelf will continue to live forever.
At Homelane, with furniture, there are more than enough options for wonderful teak wood home décor for a 1 bhk design, 2 bhk design or even a luxurious 3 bhk design. You can keep a simple wood wall décor at your place and all it will need is occasional oiling and cleaning. However, your place is going to look richer than it ever was. Again, because teak can be easily carved, these wall hangings can be very minutely designed with intricate details.
If you want something for the outdoors, exclusive teak designs of coffee tables, lounge sets and a wide range of interior wood designs are available at Homelane. From family dining sets to simple wooden accents, they have all under one roof. They have the best to offer when it comes to home interior designs and especially teak wood furniture designs. Therefore, make sure you browse all that Homelane has on teak wood today!
1. What Is the Best Wood for Interior Design?
When it comes to wood interior design, there are many different types of wood you can go for, depending on your budget and needs. These include Teak, Indian Rosewood, Sal, Cedar, Oak, Mahogany, Mulberry, and so on.
In terms of popularity, oak wood is mostly commonly used for wood interior design due to its durability and resilience. Plus, this versatile option can be used for wood flooring interior design as well as for making furniture.
2. How Do Interior Designers Use Wood?
Seasoned interior designers can make excellent use of wood in interior design. Some examples include:
- Wood floor interior design: This basically means parquet flooring, which seamlessly adds a sense of warmth, luxury, and style to your home. For best results, go for oak planks as you can experiment with different patterns and sizes to create a unique look.
- Paneling wood work interior design: Wooden walls, when done right, can immediately transform your room with a countryside feel. You can think of having a wood panel right behind your child’s bed to create a statement-making wall that’s gorgeous to look at and adds texture to the room.
- Interior wood door design: Most interior designers go with wooden doors as this is a classic, evergreen choice and has stood the test of time. They often finish off the doors with a shiny layer of paint to add glamour and gloss to the surrounding.
- Wooden ceiling: Another wood interior design idea that’s always a hit is the use of wooden ceiling. These ceilings add a layer of personality to any space and can make your room look chic as well as contemporary.
3. What Is Wooden Interior Design?
Wood interior design essentially entails wall paneling. When it comes to wall wood interior design, you can experiment with different colours, sizes, shapes, patterns, and designs. A wooden interior design can seamlessly fit into every corner of your home such as:
- Wood interior design living room: Having a focal wall in the living room with earthy and natural tones
- Wood bedroom interior design: Featuring a wall in your bedroom with interesting woodwork that is subtle and reflective of your taste
- Wood interior design for entrances: You can also have a wood interior design on the passage walls at the entrance of your home to create a lasting, positive impression on your guests
4. What Type of Wood Is Used for Interior Walls?
For creative and functional interior design wood work, you can choose from multiple wood options such as oak wood, cedar wood, pine wood, teak wood, walnut wood, etc.