If you are looking to shop countertop designs for your kitchen and are confused between the quartz and granite variants, this blog is for you. We will deep-dive to compare both these types of modern countertop designs, factoring in key parameters such as advantages, disadvantages, price, trending designs, and more of both. Let’s get going.
How to Pick the Right Countertop Design for Your Home?
First things first, let’s understand how to choose the right counter design for your home:
- Don’t go for looks alone: When browsing through the options available, make sure to account for factors such as material, durability, cost, and aesthetics.
- Think about the use of the countertop: Whether you want to install the countertop in your bathroom or your kitchen, you need to mull over the end-uses. For instance, do you have a big family that routinely uses the countertop as a meeting point in the morning for having breakfast? Or do you only want a countertop for basic kitchen prep? You need to understand the end-uses of the countertop before you zero in on a choice.
Top-5 Trending Countertop Designs Worth Exploring
1. Patterned Granite Countertops Add Texture and Character to the Kitchen Space
Here’s a great example of a granite countertop in a largely all-white kitchen. This pattern is one of the most commonly-used patterns you’ll find in homes. Nevertheless, it’s pleasing to the eyes and gives off a beautiful sheen, if maintained properly.
2. A Unique Granite Countertop for Your Bathroom
Owing to its all-natural finish, granite slabs slightly differ in appearance from each other. This ensures that any granite countertop you install in your home is unique and personalized to your own taste. Take a look at the image above. The granite countertop
3. A Granite Countertop With a Gorgeous Pattern
One of the big upsides to granite is that you can get your hands on gorgeous-looking granite stone slabs that are truly one of a kind. Take a look at the image above for inspiration. This style is not as common as the other granite forms and makes for a statement piece within your kitchen.
4. A Black Quartz Countertop in a White Glossy Kitchen
Here’s an inspiring example of an all-black quartz kitchen countertop set against an all-white kitchen and wall marble tiles. You don’t always need to go for patterns and textures; sometimes a solid colour of a quartz countertop does the trick well.
5. A White Quartz Countertop for a Clean Look
Nothing is more inviting than a warm white quartz countertop, right in the centre of your kitchen. As you can see, it gives off a clean look. However, it can be more high maintenance, so make sure to put in the hard work if you want to go for this style of a minimal and pure countertop design.
Quartz versus Granite: A Comparative Study
|Price||The cost of quartz starts at ₹400 per square foot||The general cost of granite is anywhere between ₹83 – ₹300 (and upwards) per sq ft|
|Availability||Generally sourced from overseas||Generally sourced from overseas|
The Verdict: Which One is Better and Why?
When it comes to selecting between granite or quartz, it is really a personal preference in the end. If budget is not a major concern and you want a product with a more natural look, granite countertops are the way to go. If you want a more uniform-looking countertop that offers slightly better durability and easier maintenance, quartz is also a great choice.
The right counter design can make or break your home’s interior design. For more creative and easy-to-execute ideas on counter designs for your home, check out HomeLane. Get inspired by these ideas and make them your own.