2021 marks the year when modern carpeting is not confined to only serving the purpose of covering a portion of the floor. Carpets are now an important accessory that can make or break your entire decor aesthetic. Trending carpet designs are increasingly becoming an integral element of home interior and home décor.
The Conventional Choice
The most widely used carpet designs are traditional prints. It is a safer choice, and they come in a vast variety of different textures, dyes and fabrics. They are usually larger, have enriched patterns, and are full of intricate details.
- They are easily available in the marketplace.
- Traditional print carpets go with every setting.
- Traditional carpets might look outdated as they are very commonplace and lack novelty.
Keeping it Subtle
Basic carpets are ideal if you’re looking for a more neutral look. They come in handy if they have to be installed infrequently-used rooms, like your bedroom or living room. You can go for brighter hues or pastel shades, depending upon your needs and the overall decor of the room. Leather furniture with dark accents is usually a perfect fit with pastel shades.
- They are easily available and are highly sustainable.
- Basic carpets lack character and freshness, making them look outdated and boring unless paired with the right accessories and furniture.
The Clever Substitute
The concept of carpet tiles has garnered a lot of attention recently. Primarily a commercial trend, their usage is ever-growing, and they will be entering homes in no time. Carpet tiles are an efficient option for basements, and there is a huge variety of patterns and colours to choose from.
- Carpet tiles are modular and very easy to install.
- The stained part can be easily replaced without having to replace the entire floor.
- Unwanted visible seams might show up.
The smart customer now wants to invest in carpets that are not only appealing to the eye but will last for years to come. 2021 trends have been witnessing an eclectic range of carpet prints, each with its own set of pros and cons.
Animal prints have gained a lot of popularity in the industry in recent years. The fabric stands out when it comes to trending carpet designs. Leopard, tiger, or cheetah prints are the go-to choice for the ones who want to make a statement with their home décor. They are a great choice for bedrooms. Make sure to keep the rest of the space low-key so that you don’t overdo the look.
- Animal prints are stylish and eye-catching.
- They add texture to the room.
- Animal prints can overwhelm the space, and it can be difficult to merge with other decor trends to make a seamless statement.
The Royal Look
Going vintage enhances the aura of just about anything. A vintage carpet will multiply the aesthetic of your home décor manifold. Persian and Turkish patterns are always in style. Vintage carpet installation on stairs can be an extremely viable option and can provide a soft landing in case of an accident.
- These carpets come in unique and visually appealing styles.
- They are expensive, and there are limited options to choose from.
The Essence of Kashmir
Kashmiri carpets are a great way of adding a tinge of culture and class to your home décor. Over 1500 years old, they are renowned in India and have gained fame for themselves all across the world. They are carefully crafted by hand, which enhances their value. Kashmiri carpets are knotted and not tufted, and make an elite addition to your home.
- Since they are handmade, Kashmiri carpets come in enriched quality.
- These carpets are not easily accessible and are not replicated. The designs are exclusive.
The Digital Era
The marvels of advanced technology have allowed the introduction of digital print to the trending carpet designs. They allow you to add your unique element to the carpet. You can experiment with a lot of options, and orchestrate a masterpiece best suited to your needs.
- Digital prints are extremely vibrant and carry intricate details.
- You can customise them according to your needs and the theme of your home décor.
- They are expensive compared to the other options.
Geometric prints are evergreen! Squares, triangles, circles, hexagons- there are endless possibilities to create remarkable combinations with these shapes. Another competent candidate in this category are stripes, which add depth to every space. Geometric print carpets give out a fun vibe and render a lively look to your room.
- Geometric prints add a peppy look to your room.
- They are versatile and are available in several options.
- Pairing geometric prints with the rest of the décor need to be thought through carefully.
If you have always been one for breaking the rules, Bohemian carpets are just what you are looking for! They add pizzazz to the surroundings and are bound to captivate your visitors. Having a striking presence, they reek of elegance and embellish your home interior.
- Bohemian carpets enhance the aesthetic of your home.
- They are available in vivid colours and diverse patterns.
- A lot of attention is paid to the minutest of details.
- Accommodating Bohemian carpets along with another décor can be a challenging task.
There is a perfect carpet for every look and a humongous range of options to choose from. Overwhelmed? Our experts at HomeLane will help you make the right choice. With years of expertise in home décor and home interior, India’s most trusted home interior brand is just a call away to help you make your home uniquely yours.